Tuesday 29 November 2011

Classification is fascinating



A while ago, Mr. shaj mohan said that my work was always about taking something away. I wasn't sure what he meant, but just this week I think I might be getting an idea. My work is always a focus or close up on something, with an interest in transforming what that thing is a little, making it look a bit like it's not the thing that it is. I can see now, that the taking away, could be about removing the means of identification that would give it its normal identity. 


I've been thinking a lot about being a relativist, that I don't think things are essentially themselves. They always require a relationship or context in order for us to define them. 


I like the contrast in the lower picture here - the purple sky and dark branches, with the gold branches below.



No comments:

Post a Comment