Sunday 19 April 2009

Can't sleep on this Orthodox Easter Saturday night. I am thinking that it's a bad thing to post four times on here in my first 24 hours. Then I was thinking who sets the rules?



I've been reading a lot about astrology lately. I am generally quite sceptical but I am drawn to a possible kind of similarity between it and structuralism, through reading Liz Greene's psychological-astrological work. She talks about astrology as our relationship to mythology, symbols, signs, which ties very nicely into an interest of mine in biosemiotics. With this Uranus-Saturn opposition going on, I find myself swinging between imaginative journeys of space, expanding into the nothingness and world of ideas, getting carried away by revolutionary ideas and newness with Uranus, then Saturn reminds me of the need to put a stake in the ground and claim something real to hold on to; Saturn and the necessity of limitations. I think he operates through fear (I have Cancer ascendant and moon in 12th house, plus Saturn almost conjunct my sun, and natal Saturn square Neptune). I have yet to see if my interest in astrology survives the transition.

I like this image because the flower is turning away from us and the glimpse of furry centre is slightly candid camera. Every time I pass these yellow poppies I want to photograph them. They have the most incredible silk-like petals, delicate and sensual. And the colour! I think it might be my new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment